Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
In less than six years, Spire has built one of the world's largest satellite constellations, and we're just getting started. Due to this continued growth, we are seeking a Senior RF Engineer to join our Communication team in the Glasgow office.
The RF Engineer will contribute to hardware design, modeling, test, and evaluation of the satellite communication module which includes radios and antennas.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Evaluate mission requirements and top-level RF system design
- Component selection and circuit level design and simulation where required; including transceivers and antennas for UHF, S- and X-bands.
- Management of RF modules through production & test
- RF module test and fault-find at bench level, environmental level (EMC and thermal vacuum testing) and spacecraft level
- Lead the verification process for testing new and existing systems
- Develop systems documentation, test plans, and operational procedures
- Provide technical consultancy support to software engineering, payloads, operations, and manufacturing teams
- BSc, MSc or Ph.D. degree in Telecommunications, Microwave or RF Electronics Engineering.
- 5 years or more of working experience on design, development, and testing of RF systems.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art RF analog and (high-speed) digital signal processing techniques and technologies.
- Hands-on simulation, design and manufacturing experience and fault finding during test.
- Experience with laboratory or field testing with relevant technical equipment.
- Proven track record of promoting cooperation and team-work.
- Demonstration of problem-solving skills and solution-oriented approaches when dealing with challenges.
- Flexibility to changing priorities and operational requirements.
- Attention to detail, highly-organized with clear communication skills.
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Antenna design
- Link budgeting
- Spectrum management
- SDR experience (Ettus USRPs)
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.
Want to join us?
We are constantly looking for bright growth-minded people to join our teams around the world. If you would like to join us you can email your CV here: Send my application