Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
Operating in four countries across three continents, Spire is a truly international company. We are looking for highly motivated team players who will help us continue to grow on the ground, and in space.
We are looking for a Sales Team Leader for our Aviation data services business.
The Sales Leader will initially lead a sales manager and sales engineer and will develop the sales funnel for our Spire Aviation products. The Sales Team Leader will play a critical role in expanding our presence in the market, finding niche verticals to target, identifying prospects, converting prospects into sales opportunities, and closing deals based on deal size. And most importantly, this leader will help scale our business and sales team.
The Sales Team Leader has experience in the Aviation data sales industry and has led a team before. He/she will be a contributor and will have demonstrated success in building a team. The team will be responsible for generating leads and pipeline and closing Aviation deals, with a primary focus in North America and Europe.
The initial team will be closely integrated with the Aviation product management, engineering and marketing teams, which are located in San Francisco and Luxembourg. Above all, this leader will collaborate with others, to create a predictable, repeatable, data-driven sales process managed through our CRM.
We sell Aviation data services to a broad range of customers including:
- Information services providers – Logistics, Application Service Providers (ASPs)
- Data analytics companies and Software integrators
- AirTraffic Control Authorities - Regulatory agencies
- Financial Services – Hedge Funds - Commodity Traders
- Logistics & Supply chain companies
- Aircraft owners and management companies/aircraft alliances
The Spire Aviation team is fast-moving, energetic and works with an extreme sense of urgency. Candidates for this role must have both a strong work rate, high energy, and be able to work through large amounts of data while tracking critical CRM details.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Close commercial agreements with customers.
- Support the customers throughout their buying journey with Spire
- Collaborate with others to proactively grow the customer base by creatively utilizing an array of strategic prospecting and outbound channels
- Work with product marketing to create target buyer personas and develop call lists to drive outbound prospecting
- Explain the Spire Aviation product suite and educate prospects and potential customers on the Spire Aviation vision
- Collaborate with the sales engineering team regarding existing and new clients to identify and resolve client concerns; establish and maintain current and potential client relationships.
- Collaborate with Lead Generation resources to further grow the customer base through prospecting and in some cases cold calling potential customers, improving a repeatable sales process to drive to closure.
- Reach and support team quarterly KPIs activity
- Manage accurate and complete information in Zendesk Sell
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of a complete line of products/services and customers business issues and needs.; as well as Market and Competitive trends.
- Communicate product and service opportunities, information or feedback gathered through client activity to appropriate internal resources, including relevant business issues and industry information for utilization in development of market specific action plans and sales strategy.
- Participate in marketing events, trade shows and Company events.
- Approximately 10% travel
Qualifications / Experience:
- 5+ years of quota Sales experience selling data services
- Fluent in English and in at least one other language (preferably French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, German)
- Ability to work flexible hours to cover varying zones
- Ability to identify use cases and value propositions across a broad range of verticals.
- Ability to work cross-culturally/cross-functionally, with a sense of urgency
- Experience with Aviation data is a plus
- Good communicator / outstanding oral and written communication skills and the ability to articulate complex products, solutions, and processes.
- Experience in a product startup environment
- Self-starter who brings the level of enthusiastic spirit, reliability, creativity, commitment, patience, resilience, and humor it takes to work within a fast-growing, and quickly evolving, organization.