Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
In less than six years, Spire has built one of the world's largest satellite constellations, and we're just getting started. Due to this continued growth, we are seeking a Technical Buyer to join our Supply Chain team in the Glasgow office.
Responsibilities of your role:
- As a Technical Buyer you will be part of the Supply Chain team and will work closely with the Engineering team to develop the supply base to enhance Spire's rapid iteration of the satellite platform.
- This role's key deliverable is in the development of partnerships that align the technical abilities of the supply base to Spires design requirements and will initially be focused on PCBA supply.
- You will also have the opportunity to enhance the systems used by the Spire Supply Chain team for supplier selection and management.
- Proactively developing the supply chain to increase speed, reliability, and capability whilst maintaining quality of product.
- Order management - RFQ, PO placement delivery tracking.
- Working with engineering and manufacturing on any new product requirements.
- Supplier Engineering Questions (EQ's) response coordination.
- Search for vendors providing new technologies
- Identification of opportunities for process improvement.
- 5+ years of experience in procurement/supply chain management
- CIPS Certified
- Exposure to UK PCBA supply base with detailed understanding of PCB manufacturing & SMT techniques.
- Ability to accurately assess a suppliers technical capabilities.
- Data driven decision making with extreme Quality focus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience in Electro-mechanical Manufacturing.
- Experience in a low volume/high complexity mfg environment
- Experience in Supply Chain, Procurement and Sourcing, with a strong focus on NPI, technical/engineering.
- Working knowledge of Netsuite ERP systems.
- Experience with Product Life Cycle Management, DfX (Design for Manufacturing, Assembly, Test, Reliability and Support)
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.
Want to join us?
We are constantly looking for bright growth-minded people to join our teams around the world. If you would like to join us you can email your CV here: Send my application