Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
In the time it takes you to read this job description our low earth orbit nanosatellites would have passed overhead at least three times traveling at mach 20. Onboard the satellites are collecting and downloading radio signals. The Weather team at Spire is focused on taking that data and impacting the world in positive ways, setting the stage for the next weather and data analytics revolution.
To expand the capabilities of our marketing team, we are looking for a curious, creative, digital marketer to join our Weather business team. You’ll start out by focusing on producing, and distributing a wide variety of content, including research reports, newsletters, case studies, blogs, videos, and social posts. Your creativity will help us expand our ability to do this work — and to do it better than ever. You will have the unique opportunity to strengthen our digital marketing strategy and play a critical role in expanding our presence across multiple industries. This role requires strong creative skills, a love of analytics, a technical aptitude, and a desire to learn.
Responsibilities of your role
Demand Generation & Campaign Management
- The main objective is to grow the Spire Weather business, with a primary focus of growing digital awareness for our weather products and driving marketing qualified opportunities for our weather solutions.
- Create, manage, and execute multi-channel marketing campaigns mainly focused on inbound marketing, SEO and email campaigns to drive customer acquisition.
- Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success, ranging from Twitter chats to LinkedIn conversations, as well as the content and links posted through these and other channels.
- Manage the strategy and setup of all paid campaigns within the attract and capture marketing funnel stages.
- Grow new leads by converting site traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, and by working with others to optimize the customer experience.
- Optimise our marketing automation and lead nurturing processes and propose new and improved ideas on inbound marketing campaigns.
- Establish closed-loop analytics with sales to understand how our inbound marketing activity turns into customers, and continually refine our process to convert customers.
- Measure campaign effectiveness and ROI on existing marketing programs.
- Ensure a constant flow of content and ongoing campaigns aimed to drive brand awareness
- Build and manage a rich content/editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience to our owned properties (including blog posts, whitepapers, ebooks, reports, webinars, infographics, etc.)
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to produce content that educates our prospects and customers about opportunities to use our weather products to enhance their business or solve problems.
- Ensure that marketing content is being repurposed across all verticals (maritime, agriculture, aviation etc (e.g., blogging, webinars, guest posts, interviews) to increase content's distribution potential, search ranking, and discoverability.
- BA or BS degree in Marketing or related field required. MBA preferred. Relevant working experience also considered.
- A minimum of 4 years of digital marketing, and/or content marketing experience in B2B companies.
- 2+ years’ HubSpot experience (or equivalent platform) with CRM sales and marketing processes. An existing HubSpot Certification is a plus.
- The ability to learn the ropes of the weather industries across multiple verticals (Maritime, Agriculture, Aviation, Energy etc) B2B Marketing experience preferred (Weather or Data / analytics industry experience would be considered a plus)
- Experience with Growth Hacking and Account-Based Marketing (ABM)
- Proven track record in driving results and moving quickly to implement ideas in a fast-paced online environment.
- Proven experience implementing and measuring planned marketing efforts with end-to-end online marketing software (ideally hubspot) that will make our digital and inbound marketing efforts better and more efficient
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM and an array of additional inbound marketing tactics to drive acquisition
- Knowledge of marketing automation and deep expertise in utilizing content marketing to drive awareness, traffic, and engagement.
- Extensive practice leveraging Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Linkedin Campaign Manager, experience with content management platforms such as WordPress is considered a plus.
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial-minded with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and deadlines; proactive mentality with high level of curiosity and desire to learn
- A dedicated team player with excellent record-keeping and follow-through capabilities
- Problem solving skills and out of the box thinker
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.