Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation and weather tracking int the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth
The Customer sits at the top of Spire’s technology stack and drives the priorities and focus across our organization. The sales team is on the front lines of building those relationships externally as well as communicating those requirements internally. We are looking for a seasoned sales professional to drive sales activity in the US Federal Government region under the Director of U.S. Intelligence Agencies Team. It requires an autonomous self-starter who can also collaborate daily with marketing and product development and build connections across the whole Spire organization.
Responsibilities of your role:
- You will work directly for the Director of Intelligence Agencies to source, develop, and close a pipeline of business opportunities with the Intelligence Agencies
- You will support the management and growth of Spire’s existing business with Intelligence Agency customers.
- You will support the maintenance and development of partnerships with established and emerging industry players in the US Government market; you might also represent Spire at industry conferences and events and build a network that leads to new business opportunities
- You will support and execute on efforts to bid on US Government contracts ranging from crafting Spire’s responses to RFPs and RFIs to conceptualizing and writing targeted white papers
- You will play a key role in identifying and refining new business cases for Spire’s satellite platform, and understanding the unique requirements of government customers
- You will conduct detailed research on current and new markets to help Spire strategically expand and deepen its customer footprint
- You will be responsible for maintaining intelligence on the market, current and future partners, competitors, and technology trends, and using that knowledge-base to help guide and evolve Spire’s US government strategy
Qualifications / Experience:
- You have a Bachelors Degree
- You have a minimum of 8 years of experience in a business development and/or strategy role supporting the US Intelligence Community.
- You live in the Washington DC area or have a willingness to travel to the area on a regular basis
- You know the US Intelligence Community Organizations, Missions, Programs and the Industry partners that support their enterprise
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of the following areas:
- You have an Advanced College Degree
- You possess an SCI Level Security Clearance
- You have excellent communication, presentation, and problem solving skills
- You are team player with long-term company growth in mind
- You have have track record of driving successful outcomes for your customers and your organization.
- You have keen attention to detail and experience executing on highly specific requirements; at the same time, you are able to maintain a broader perspective and understand the strategic landscape in which Spire operates
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. Our employees represent over 32 countries, across 6 different continents.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.
Want to join us?
We are constantly looking for bright growth-minded people to join our teams around the world. If you would like to join us you can email your CV here: Send my application