Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
The Sales Engineer will be the primary technical contact for customers on behalf of Spire's maritime products. Successful candidates will have a good balance of experience with SaaS applications, APIs, and providing solutions to customers.
The sales engineer is expected to become the product specialist, demonstrating a detailed understanding of Spire products and data, consulting on client requirements, identifying and implementing solutions that best fit each clients use case.
Responsibilities of your role
- Own the customer journey. Execute product demos. Onboard our customers. Support them by responding to their questions and replicating their issues. Empower them to get answers quickly by maintaining and adding content to our knowledge base and developer portal.
- Survey and analyze our global maritime data to help sales and product teams reach out to potential customers.
- Identify and own critical product issues that impact customers and work with data services to resolve them.
- Raise desired feature requests from customers for future development.
- Research and co-author data stories showing the relevance and value of Spire data
- Maintain code for testing and delivery of spire data services. Sample client programs and tools for generating data samples and regular extracts.
- 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing software engineering or technical support role
- Working knowledge of REST APIs utilization and testing.
- Replicating and resolving customer technical issues
- Python or similar programming, calling API services and handling data in JSON format.
- 1 Year + using SQL databases
- Training in or documenting technical product use.
- Experience working with customers within the maritime or maritime services domain
- Experience with Business Information and Data Analytics
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP data streams and SaaS infrastructure
- Experience creating and scheduling processes in Bash or similar etc.
- Experience with software automation in a Cloud Platform especially Google or Amazon Web Services
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.
Want to join us?
We are constantly looking for bright growth-minded people to join our teams around the world. If you would like to join us you can email your CV here: Send my application