Software Engineer, Manufacturing
Spire is a space-powered data and analytics platform that offers unique insights and powerful solutions about Earth from the ultimate vantage point - space - so organizations can act now and plan for the future with confidence, accuracy and speed. Leveraging its proprietary multi-purpose satellite constellation and sophisticated predictive analytics, Spire gives commercial and government organizations an unprecedented competitive advantage to solve their toughest challenges, empowered with knowledge from space.
We’re looking for a web developer to join our small team and help us build-out SRP - an internal system used to manage the design, fabrication and eventual deployment of Spire’s satellites and ground stations.
You’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact on this pivotal system as it scales-up to meet the challenges of our rapidly growing company. The features we build have a huge impact on a wide range of teams across the company, from Engineering and Manufacturing through to Launch and Ground Stations.
We will consider either a full-stack developer or a front-end developer who has some experience with our backend technologies
- Design and implement new features
- Optimise existing functionality as our system grows
- Plan and coordinate an incremental migration to newer technologies
- Provide support for existing functionality
- Maintain technical and user documentation
- University degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least three years of professional software development experience
- Experience of the full software development lifecycle
- Proven ability to work across multiple teams to gather requirements
- Solid Linux skills (command line, shell scripting etc)
- Familiarity with web frameworks (e.g. Flask, Django)
- If a full-stack developer:
- Strong experience with Python
- Strong experience with relational databases
- If a front-end developer:
- Strong experience building user interfaces with React
- Some experience with Python and relational databases
- Familiar with Docker, infrastructure as code, AWS and CI/CD tools
- Experience with automated testing
- Effective written communication
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.