Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Weather Product Engineering team and help take our product pipeline, APIs, and other product delivery infrastructure to another level. You’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact on our products and infrastructure as we continue to grow our portfolio of data and services.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Have a customer- and product-driven focus and mindset
- Maintain and improve our data/product pipeline
- Design, implement, maintain, and document web services and APIs
- Be comfortable moving across domains (software, infrastructure, science) and projects
- Bring the skills to write software that allows you, and the team, to sleep, have holidays, and take days off...
- Provide backend support for customer-facing tools and applications
- Ability to deliver when it counts with a collaborative spirit
- Apply industry standard security best practices
- Responsible for engaging across multiple business areas including engineering, project management, business development, and after-sales support
Basic Qualifications / Experience:
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Prior experience working with meteorological and/or oceanographic datasets
- Proficiency with Python and Linux
- Experience with cloud IaaS platforms with a preference for AWS
- Demonstrated experience working with big data (10s of terabytes or more)
- History of work in a mission-critical or operational environment
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of the following:
- Geospatial technologies such as OPeNDAP, THREDDS, PostGIS, GDAL/OGR and the OGC protocols
- An understanding of AWS Serverless and asynchronous event-driven systems
- Demonstrated expertise building high-quality APIs
- Infrastructure as Code tools like Terraform and Cloudformation
- Have built large-scale, high-performance systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.
Want to join us?
We are constantly looking for bright growth-minded people to join our teams around the world. If you would like to join us you can email your CV here: Send my application