Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
As a Channel Sales Manager, your role will be to work with internal and external stakeholders to develop our Maritime Products sales through our network of partners. You will be in charge of developing, maintaining, and growing the relationship with key partners in the Maritime industry on a global scale.
You will be responsible for improving customer consumption; planning and implementing customer presentations, overseeing account profiles, monitoring competitor activity, help all communications with resellers, creating plans for growing market share and communicating channel activities.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Develop, service, and grow relationships with channel partners.
- Develop sales strategies, negotiating with partners and training and developing their sales team.
- Deal with B2B
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned partner accounts.
- Proactively lead a joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
- Manage potential channel conflict with other firm sales channels by fostering excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement.
- Drive the adoption of company programs among assigned partners.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned partner accounts.
- Manage Relationships With Channel Partners: Channel Managers are the key point of contact between their employer and channel partners. Performing this duty takes excellent customer service skills, and also involves negotiating contracts.
- Monitor Sales and Operational results based on KPIs: Channel Managers need to constantly monitor the health of their campaigns by keeping an eye on the Key Performance Indicators set by the Director of Sales. This includes creating KPI reports and presenting them to senior management.
- Coordinate the involvement of internal stakeholders in order to meet partner performance objectives and partners’ expectations.
- Lead solution development efforts that best address enduser needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company and partner personnel.
- Proactively assesse, clarifie, and validate partner needs on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure partner compliance with partner agreements.
- 5 years B2B Sales experience
- 3 years Internal Sales
- 2 years Channel/Distribution management experience
- Experience with Maritime, Data or SaaS products
- Start-up/Scale-up experience or experience in a fast-growing company
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.