APAC Business Development Manager, Spire Space Services
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
Spire also provides fast, affordable, global and constellation-scale Space Services to its global customer base, from the launch of new sensors and technology on board our satellites; to the provision of end-to-end solutions; or leveraging our existing space and ground infrastructure to deploy and rapidly scale SW-based customer applications.
The Customer sits at the top of Spire’s technology stack and drives the priorities and focus across our organization. We are looking for a Business Development Associate/Manager to build a pipeline, drive customer engagement, and sell Orbital Services and Earth Information products to civil government agencies and institutions across Asia Pacific.
In this position, you will work autonomously to identify and cultivate new opportunities to provide customer value through Spire’s capabilities, infrastructure, and services. With a focus on non-standard and structured deals, this role demands a forward-looking mindset and the ability to synthesize overall Spire strategy and market interests with individual business opportunities. A key expectation will be the creation of a substantial (7-figure), viable, and real pipeline for 2021. In this role, you will have significant direct visibility and engagement with VP and Executive and Senior Management level executives.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Develop a full understanding of Spire’s Space Services offering, and future capabilities through ongoing engagement and relationship building with Spire technical teams.
- Proactively identify potential customers across Asia Pacific, drive interest, structure transactions, and close deals to achieve quota
- Work with the Space Services Business Development Executive and Marketing Manager to create appropriate marketing, proposal, and pricing structures for each opportunity in cooperation with Spire internal teams
- Track opportunities through the meticulous use of the Spire CRM system
- Undertake autonomous work effort and know when / how to keep Spire management informed
- Take full responsibility for opportunity life-cycle and marshalling of appropriate Spire resources
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 3+ years related experience in business development in Asia Pacific
- Knowledge and understanding of geopolitical environment
- Experience doing business across multiple countries in the region
- Background working with foreign governmental institutions
- Proven ability to deliver deals with government agencies
- Demonstrated experience with complex bid/proposal management
- Knowledge of the space sector and its stakeholders
- Foreign language skills
- Ability to order competing priorities and analyze the ROI of an opportunity
- Skill working independently and within diverse teams to achieve objectives
- Experience building a customer and industry network that leads to new business opportunities
- Possess initiative to solicit customer and stakeholder needs
- Willingness to travel within Asia Pacific as needed
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. Our employees represent over 32 countries, across 6 different continents. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.