Head of Strategy and Business Development, Aviation
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
Spire’s Aviation Business Unit is currently working on making real-time, truly global coverage of all aircraft a reality by leveraging the capabilities of our ADS-B-tracking satellites. Our goal is to help all airlines, air traffic controllers and aircraft manufacturers gain complete visibility on global airways, as well as to provide value-additive analytics to assist all actors of the aviation ecosystem in taking better, more informed decisions.
As the head of Strategy on our Aviation team, you will drive us to evolve our business model and partnership model to accelerate our go to market. You will be responsible for building relationships with partners and strategic customers, negotiating business terms, and helping to define the constellation and product strategy to support these partnerships. This is a position for a dynamic hands on leader who is excited about iterating with the team and with the market.
You will join the Spire Aviation leadership team responsible for making ADS-B from space a reality. This is a senior level role working with Spire executives and executives at companies throughout the industry.
Responsibilities of the role :
- Working as part of a small Spire Aviation leadership team with visibility into all aspects affecting overall success of Spire Aviation.
- Identify new business opportunities and align with overall company objectives - which could be anything from new products to M&A opportunities
- Signing business arrangements with strategic partners and customers that brings in revenue directly and/or through the partnership.
- Working closely with Product Management to define and enhance customer-facing products and applications
- Helping to shape the strategy for Spire Aviation based on iterations with the market. This includes views on channels, partners, customers, value propositions, constellation trade offs, and product directions.
- Leverage Business Intelligence to assure ongoing monitoring of market landscape and developments - to strengthen data driven growth optimisation.
- 7+ years of enterprise sales and/or business development experience.
- Experience with deals of size $100,000 USD +.
- Previous experience in the aviation industry with preference for the aviation data industry.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a fast moving environment.
- Has worked within distributed teams & multicultural environments
- Displays strong writing skills and the ability to communicate and present arguments and recommendations via the written word (i.e. writing)
- Worked in a strategy or partnership role before.
- Comfortable with and has experience interfacing with executives at Spire and at other firms.
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.