Customer Technical Support Lead
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
As a Customer Technical Support Lead, you will be responsible for handling the main technical support questions from existing and trial Customers with purely technical issues. The Customer Technical Support Lead will have responsibility for the Customer-facing ticketing
system and ensure all questions are addressed either by responding hands on, handing over to other Sales Engineering Team members across the world, or by escalating to the Data Engineering team.
The Support Lead will maintain a knowledge base of information to continually streamline the support process and maximize the resources available to Spire Customers for self service support.
The Support Lead will work as part of a global Sales Engineering Team providing pre- and post-sales support, product and market expertise.They will be familiar with supporting use of API data services, analyzing big data and investigating data issues. They will be the first line of support and lead the technical support aspect of Sales Engineering. They will be familiar with management of support team works in a ticketing system, organizing work against KPIs for support performance
• Acknowledgement time - all Customer support requests logged and acknowledged automatically using sales engineering systems. (Hubspot Service and custom programs as required)
• Initial technical response within 1 working day
• Resolution, escalation or assignment to level 2 support within 2 business days.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Own the Customer support function within Spire Global Data Services; this involves products from Maritime, Aviation and Weather and Customers can be located across the world.
- Configuring HubSpot Service for management of support tickets
- Maintaining knowledge base for self-service product support
- Identifying, designing and building set of test programs to enable support or testing of data services
- Coordination of support tickets and re-assignment of work across the global sales engineering team to achieve support response within team KPIs.
- Provision of urgent pre-sales support for APAC from Singapore
Qualifications / Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in a Customer-facing engineering or technical support role
- Working knowledge of large data sets
- Working knowledge of REST APIs, TCP/IP and SaaS infrastructure
- Replicating and resolving Customer issues
- Quality assurance testing of APIs
- Upholding best practices in Customer messaging platforms (HubSpot, Intercom, ZenDesk, etc.)
- Experience writing scripts in Bash, Python, etc.
- Familiarity with SQL databases
- Familiarity with Big Data analytics platforms (Redshift, BigQuery, etc.)
- Writing knowledge-base articles
- Bachelor's degree or higher strongly preferred
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience in one or more key product domains, maritime, aviation or weather data.
- Experience with software automation that interacts with Google Cloud Platform and/or Amazon Web Services
- Experience defining and publishing product metrics for company dashboards
- Visualizing data via common data visualization/business intelligence tools (Tableau, Qlikview, etc.)
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.