Satellite AIT Technician
Satellite AIT Technician
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
Would you like to be part of the team that builds, tests and prepares nanosatellites for launch? Spire Global in Glasgow are looking to hire AIT Technicians. The position is suited to recent graduates, experienced technicians, or anyone with a passion for learning that is looking for a start in the space industry. As part of the satellite manufacturing team, you will help us define and execute the processes required to assemble and test our spacecraft within the purpose-built facility in Glasgow.
Essential for success is a proactive, “can do” attitude coupled with a growth mindset. The successful candidate will be able to follow detailed instructions and have an unwavering attention to detail. An unbending focus on quality is critical. We need enthusiastic team players with a passion for the industry as well as an open attitude towards challenging the status quo.
Responsibilities of your role:
- PCBA & Mechanical part inspection.
- Sub-assembly electro-mechanical build and test
- Satellite assembly and integrated test.
- Accurate completion of all quality documentation
- Provide design feedback according to testing results.
- Provide production support for test solutions.
- Investigation Reporting
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related technical field
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role within a manufacturing environment
- IPC or J-standard qualified for SMT component placement and rework skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced high-tech environment.
- Ability to work independently, yet in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to follow detailed work instructions.
- PCBA & Mechanical Assembly work.
- Understanding of technical drawings; PCB layout, PCB Schematics, mechanical drawings.
- Understanding of RF, Digital and Power circuit theory.
- SW programming experience.
- Strong hand-on skills.
- Quick learner, ability to share/absorb information accurately.
- Attention to detail & organizational skills.
- Honesty, openness, and self-awareness.
- Lean/bootstrap mentality.
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.