Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
Would you like to be part of the team that builds spacecraft ?
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced individual for the position of Production Planner reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the successful candidate will be part of a small team and will be expected to work with the manufacturing and engineering teams to plan hardware deliveries, track progress and provide detailed status reporting.
As part of the Satellite Platform team you will help us define and execute the processes required to efficiently build spacecraft and subsystems within the purpose built facility in Glasgow.
Essential for success is a proactive, “can do” attitude. The successful candidate will have an unwavering attention to detail. We need enthusiastic team players with a passion for the industry.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Maintain the Platform demand plan and work order list.
- Collaborate with the manufacturing, engineering, and supply chain teams to ensure all deliverable hardware is listed and tracked.
- Prepare a weekly material shortage report detailing part delivery status and any risks.
- Coordinate with the purchasing team to track critical deliveries and supply daily updates.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and own/support delivery of these projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in related technical field
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Proficient user of MS Office/Google packages.
- Experience in MRP/ERP systems Oracle NetSuite experience is a distinct advantage.
- Solution driven approach to daily operational issues.
- Solid interpersonal and organizational skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and able to deliver against tight deadlines
- Able to work on your own initiative and self-motivated with a positive approach.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and confident to communicate at all levels within a culturally diverse workforce.
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.