Sales Engineer, Space Services
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
Spire then provides this data as a subscription to organizations around the world so they can improve business operations, decrease their environmental footprint, deploy resources for growth and competitive advantage, and mitigate risk. Spire gives commercial and government organizations the competitive advantage they seek to innovate and solve some of the world’s toughest problems with insights from space.
As an Space Services Sales Engineer, you will be the primary technical contact to potential customers on behalf of Spire's space as a service, working closely with a sales lead. Successful candidates will have a good balance of experience with smallsat-based systems engineering and complex technical systems, with a holistic view of the space, ground and user segments, providing solutions to customers.
- Gain a deep understanding of Spire’s Space Services offering and convey it confidently to prospective customers.
- Understand the customer need through the expression of their technical and operational requirements.
- Support the business development and sales team in the production of high-quality proposals, ensuring that Spire’s solution meets or exceeds the customer’s requirements and is communicated to the customer in a clear manner.
- Work very closely with the space, ground and launch segment teams to ensure that the solution design meets customer requirements.
- Raise desired feature requests from customers for future development.
- 3+ years of systems engineering experience, with complex technical physical systems
- 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing engineering or technical support role
- Great demonstrated writing skills (English)
- Knowledge of satellite design and operations simulation software strongly preferred (e.g. AGI STK)
- Bachelor's degree in Aerospace, Electrical, Telecommunications engineering, or higher strongly preferred.
- Highly imaginative and ‘go-getter’ attitude
- Sales mindset – helping the business development or sales lead understand technical trade-offs and impacts on pricing in order to close a deal and meet the customer need.
- Ability to collaborate with and support multiple sales leads at the same time
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.