Head of Spectrum Strategy and Space Policy
Spire Global, Inc. is a space-powered data and analytics platform that offers unique datasets and powerful insights about Earth from the ultimate vantage point so customers can make decisions with confidence, accuracy, and speed. Spire uses the largest multi-purpose satellite constellation to source and enrich data with highly predictive solutions, allowing users to rapidly course-correct, deploy resources, mitigate risk, and save lives. Spire gives commercial and government organizations an unprecedented competitive advantage to innovate and solve the world’s toughest problems from space.
We are looking for a collaborative superstar to join our space policy and spectrum strategy department working with our global offices. You will have the opportunity to work with an all-star team of engineers and our world-class legal team to assist in the development of our regulatory roadmap.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Partner with internal stakeholders to develop the Company’s RF licensing strategy.
- Advocate the Company’s spectrum policy objectives before U.S., Luxembourg, and other international regulators.
- Represent the Company before the International Telecommunications Union (ITU) and global satellite regulatory meetings to promote Spire’s position with regard to its spectrum utilization and needs.
- Support technical and commercial discussions with relevant domestic and international regulators, including the FCC, NTIA, NOAA, USAF, and NASA.
- Established track record of growing and leading strategy and/or spectrum policy functions at a recognized satellite, aerospace, or communications company.
- 15+ years combined regulatory experience at a communications company, major law firm, or relevant government agency.
- Proven track record of business advocacy before U.S., Luxembourg and other international government regulators.
- Ability to communicate fluently with internal stakeholders and external decision makers.
- Internationally recognized engineering qualification in electronics, radio frequency, or equivalent.
- Experience in frequency coordination and spectrum management.
- Ability to dig into the details to generate creative solutions.
- Detailed knowledge of Federal Communication Commission rules, ITU radio regulations, and ITU World Radio Communication Conference (WRC) and Study Group processes
- Familiarity with technical characteristics and regulatory constraints of VHF-band, UHF-band, S-band, X-band and other frequency bands.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- International and domestic travel required when permitted.
- Ability to work independently.
- Sense of humor.
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.