Product Marketing Manager
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
We are seeking an experienced Product Marketing Manager to introduce and drive adoption of Spire’s Weather data product offering. This marketing professional will own the product marketing strategy as well as drive effective cross-team execution so that Spire can achieve aggressive growth goals. The successful candidate for this role will be a strategic thinker, researcher, excellent storyteller, and a demo expert with a strong customer focus. You will understand how to build content and go-to-market plans to effectively acquire customers and drive interest in the weather forecasting sector.
Responsibilities of your role
- Become an internal expert on Spire’s weather data products and use cases and how we position them externally as well as internally to our sales teams
- Contribute to and help develop product positioning and messaging to our customer segments and verticals
- Own announcements of new features to our customers and prospects, including establishing demand generation campaigns
- Own and execute on sales enablement deliverables such as sales decks, customer testimonials, competitive intelligence, training and more
- Work closely with sales teams to understand our sales process, to garner a clear picture of customer needs, and to constantly iterate on improving our sales funnel metrics.
- Work directly with the product team to influence the product roadmaps, based on market demand, competitor intelligence, and customer feedback
- Collaborate closely with the brand, digital marketing team to execute against Goto market launch strategies
- Work across multiple teams and use competitive and market knowledge to drive our pricing and product packaging strategy
- Drive market research and competitive analysis to anticipate future customer needs, market trends and identify new product development and new business opportunities.
- Master’s degree in Marketing or related field or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5+ years of experience in product marketing or marketing SaaS products, or API platforms, ideally in a start-up environment
Desired Skills and Traits
- Experience in the Maritime or Renewable energy industry would be considered a plus.
- Experience in marketing technology, Data Analytics and/or Software solutions
- Extremely strong collaboration and communication skills and a motivation to engage with different offices across multiple countries and timezones
- Strategic and critical thinker
- Motivated by ambiguity and strong ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities.
- Creative and not bound by status quo
- Proven ability to work effectively across marketing, sales, product management, and engineering organizations
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Experience in digital marketing will be considered an advantage
- Experience in Market research and competitive analysis
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.