Content Marketing Writer
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
The Content Marketing Writer will work closely with a team of marketers responsible for the messaging, packaging, and promoting of our products to market. You will be responsible for creating marketing content around our new products, features and services to market, working closely with our product, marketing and sales teams.This role requires outstanding writing skills as well as a great understanding of lead generation and SEO tactics.
Responsibilities of your role
- Create 1-2 free resources each month to drive leads, subscribers, awareness, and/or other important metrics (examples include case studies, ebooks, whitepapers, infographics, guides, etc.).
- Blog on an ongoing basis in support of your other projects, to attract site visitors through search, social, and our email subscribers.
- Conducting a preliminary keyword research for topics, ensuring that content that we’re writing for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) has the best chance of ranking and driving traffic;
- Edit content produced by your teammates, including conceptualizing the projects upfront and copy-editing prior to publishing.
- Cross functional collaboration with product, tech, marketing, sales and brand teams to create high-quality content while following brand guidelines and company tone of voice.
- Manage the end-to-end process of writing copy for all digital assets (pillar pieces, web copy, ebooks, blogs, etc.) and repurpose them for various scenarios based on channel and contact lifecycle stage across Spire’s products and solutions;
- Ensuring copy is aligned with a content strategy and pillar pages (e.g., evergreen, gated pieces, etc.) and providing insights on where our strategy needs modification and improvement based on your content performance reports and dashboards;
- Writing clear marketing copy to promote our products/services and preparing well-structured drafts.
- Ensure the consistency in terms of copy and text across all our external presentations and sales enablement assets;
- Build our editorial calendar and written guidelines by understanding the buyer journey and creating content that will move buyers through the marketing funnel;
- Researching industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies) and manage the content planning process.
- Review and proofread written work from outsourced contractors;
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor/Master’s degree or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of copywriting and content marketing
- Ability to effectively work with a cross-functional team through a high degree of movement and change.
- Experience in CRM Marketing (Marketo, Hubspot, Eloqua or similar)
Desired Skills and Traits
- Self-starter excels in self-directing, solution seeker, seeks new opportunities, does things without being told. Is consistently accurate, delivers high-quality work, and on time. Looks for lasting results and long-term solutions.
- Experience in Data, Saas, Software, Analytics Marketing Content will be an added advantage
- Skills required include outstanding communication skills (written and verbal) and creativity.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and employ these skills to interact with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Understands the importance of brand awareness, lead generation, and customer advocacy.
- Native English speaker
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.