Senior Manager, Recruiting
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
Spire’s belief is that diversity of thought and people lead to a vastly more productive and impactful organization. This data driven Senior Recruitment Manager will lead the Talent Acquisition (TA) team in delivering on the headcount targets for Spire, but not just delivering hires, but delivering the right hires – people that align with the Spire Values; bring diverse thoughts and opinions to the company; and have a growth mindset. The company is scaling rapidly and the TA team will enable the growth, which requires a leader that excels in ambiguity. As the leader of the TA team, you will be responsible for leading, inspiring and growing the TA team to meet and exceed the hiring demands, which range from all levels – early-stage career to executive level, generic roles to very niche roles. You will partner with business leaders and hiring managers across the organization to achieve the targets. You will have the opportunity to work and impact the company on a global scale.
This role can be based in Luxembourg, Glasgow, San Francisco, Boulder or Washington DC
Responsibilities of the role are:
- Lead/Coach/Inspire/Manage/Mentor a team of 3-5 recruiters on 3 continents, focused on recruiting for both tech (engineering and science) and non-tech roles
- Build and nurture relationships with senior leaders as a trusted talent advisor and provide consultative partnership to leaders throughout all organizations on all aspects of recruitment to consistently up-level teams and leadership capability with every hire.
- Influence senior stakeholders using a data and insights based approach to drive strategic decisions
- Deliver against the headcount plan
- Achieve recruitment KPIs
- Report on progress against KPIs
- Drive diversity in the pipeline
- Prioritize recruiter workloads
- Actively recruit for roles, as needed
- Innovate on hiring in-demand candidates at scale
- Partner with the People and Finance teams
- Manage external resources
- Learning mindset and commitment to growth as a recruiting leader by staying on top of trends in the future of work, and recruiting
- Partner with talent brand, communications and marketing to define new and emerging talent attraction tactics
- Drive amazing candidate and hiring manager experiences
- 10+ yrs recruitment (tech and non-tech)
- 4+ yrs leading recruitment teams
- Global recruitment experience
- 12+ yrs in recruitment (tech and non-tech)
- 6+ yrs in leading recruitment teams
- Bachelor or Master degree
- Experience working in high growth or scale up environments
- Have agency and in house experience
- Data driven
- Ability to successfully deal with ambiguity
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.