Customer Success Specialist
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
Operating in four countries across three continents, Spire is a truly international company. We are looking for highly motivated team players who will help us continue to grow on the ground, and in space.
Spire Maritime has a fast growing quantity of clients that use and purchase a recurring data service subscription. Maintaining this client base, increasing retention, reducing churn and increasing the average contract value and total client lifetime value is crucial for the solid growth of Spire Maritime. For 80% of our clients (exceptions are key-accounts / Resellers) we need a Client Success manager who is responsible for:
- Customer onboarding
- % of client retention
- Increasing client lifetime value
We are looking for a person that has experience in Customer Success and can help us scale Customer Success as Spire grows.
This role ensures success of our clients: which translates into 1) client satisfaction (high NPS scores) and 2) full usage and benefits of Spire products towards their (the client) business. The Customer Success Manager onboards and retains Spire maritime data clients (Spire Sense and Spire Maritime Weather).
Our clients include:
- Information services providers – (Logistics, Application Service Providers (ASPs)
- Financial Services – Hedge Funds - Commodity Traders
- Insurance providers - Security related companies
- Logistics & Supply chain companies
- Ship owners and management companies/shipping alliances
Our organization is fast growing and the sales team is building a predictable and repeatable sales process administered in Hubspot. Customer Success Managers must have an eye for detail. A natural interest with ongoing product improvement roll-outs and data industry trends is helpful.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Serve as the advocate of our clients, understanding their needs, concerns and ensuring that our solutions are helping to solve their problems
- Plan and carry out quarterly business reviews with all customers
- Educate clients on how they can use Spire products better, advocate for clients on product roadmap enhancements and keep clients updated on what’s happening with the product
- Increase Renewal rates and reduce churn
- Collaborate with the Sales Managers on upsells and cross-sells
- Influence future lifetime value through higher product adoption, client satisfaction and overall health / NPS scores
- Drive new business growth through greater advocacy and reference-ability
- Support clients with technical questions and act as an intermediary between client and sales engineering
- Reach and support team quarterly KPIs activity
- Manage accurate and complete information in Hubspot
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the complete line of products/services and clients business issues and needs as well as Market and Competitive trends.
- Communicate product and service opportunities, information or feedback gathered through client activity to appropriate internal resources, including relevant business issues and industry information for utilization in development of market specific action plans and sales strategy.
- 3+ years of Client Success experience selling data services
- Good communicator / outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Identify use cases and value propositions across a broad range of verticals
- Ability to work cross-culturally/cross-functionally
- Fluent in English, additional languages are a plus
- University degree
- Excellent business acumen, communication skills and presence.
- You bring the level of enthusiastic spirit, reliability and creativity, commitment, time, patience, and humour it takes to work with a fast growing organization.
- Maritime experience not required but a plus
- Commercial level experience and negotiation skills
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.