Sales Manager, Aviation
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
This role sells Spire Aviation data products (Spire AirSafe). These products are location-based data from aircraft (e.g. ADS-B position information), associated predictive algorithms and associated aircraft data. It can also include Aviation Weather data that we collect with our satellites.
We sell Aviation data services to a broad range of customers including:
- Information services providers – Logistics, Application Service Providers (ASPs)
- Data analytics companies and Software integrators
- AirTraffic Control Authorities - Regulatory agencies
- Financial Services – Hedge Funds - Commodity Traders
- Logistics & Supply chain companies
- Aircraft owners and management companies/aircraft alliances
We are expanding our sales team to support the growing demand for our products and services. The role requires excellent communication skills and someone that can build a strong rapport with potential customers. Most of the customer communication will be done by phone, email or video and could range from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies with decision makers being product managers, data scientists, or even founding CEO’s.
Our organisation is fast growing and the sales team is building a predictable and repeatable sales process administered in HubSpot. Sales managers must have an eye for detail. A natural interest with ongoing product improvement roll-outs and data industry trends is helpful.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Close commercial agreements with customers.
- Collaborate with others to proactively grow the customer base by creatively utilizing an array of strategic prospecting and outbound channels
- Collaborate with the sales engineering team regarding existing and new clients to identify and resolve client concerns; establish and maintain current and potential client relationships.
- Collaborate with Lead Generation resources to further grow the customer base through prospecting and in some cases cold calling potential customers, improving a repeatable sales process to drive to closure.
- Explain the Spire Aviation product suite and educate prospects and potential customers on the Spire Aviation vision
- Manage accurate and complete information in our HubSpot CRM
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the complete line of products/services and customers business issues and needs.; as well as Market and Competitive trends.
- Identify and advocate for customer use cases that can have an impact on product roadmap
- Participate in marketing events, trade shows and Company events.
- Approximately 10% travel.
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.