IT Support Specialist
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
As an IT Support Specialist within the IT team, you’ll have a meaningful impact on the day-to-day tools and services that empower workflows and optimize productivity throughout Spire. In this role, you will administer, and maintain new and existing information systems. You will work alongside the team to implement ISO 27002 compliant information security controls. We’re looking for a positive, solutions-focused individual who loves to solve complex problems. We want you to help our team’s initiative for promoting information security that doesn’t overly burden productivity.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Administer new and existing information systems
- Troubleshoot and resolve system problems, both hardware and software
- Process support tickets relating to hardware, software, onboarding/offboarding, and access requests
- Work with cross-functional teams to implement, audit, and maintain our ISO 27002 information security controls
- Maintain the integrity and reliability of systems and services through adherence to procedures and standards
- Perform installations, configurations, upgrades and ongoing maintenance activities on bare metal hardware and virtual environments, installation of software releases, patches of the operating system and utilities, third-party products, and open source software
- Act as a liaison between the IT department and other teams in order to develop and improve the IT systems and infrastructure that support our business
- Submit vendor tickets when external support is necessary. Ensure vendors complete the necessary work
- Identify solutions to improve efficiency and reduce waste
- Document new and existing processes to both share information with other team members and ensure tasks are completed in a repeatable fashion
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years working experience in IT/IST
- Strong working knowledge of computer Operating Systems including: Windows 10, Windows Server 2012-2019, macOS, as well as system functions and security policies
- Working knowledge of Google Workspace
- Working knowledge of MDM solutions such as Jamf or Intune
- Familiarity with networking concepts
- Familiarity with database concepts
- Working familiarity with IT security principles as it relates to servers, services, and applications. Knowing the right security questions to ask.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to elicit and communicate technical and non-technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to write technical documentation in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to successfully manage concurrent projects
- Excellent team player capable of learning and sharing knowledge in a global team environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to learn effectively and meet deadlines
- Eager to spend time outside of your comfort zone acquiring new skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills under pressure
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.
Salary Band $80,000 - 100,000