Payload RF Test Engineer
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
In less than six years, Spire has built one of the world's largest satellite constellations, and we're just getting started. Due to this continued growth, we are seeking a Payload RF Test Engineer to join our ADS-B and AIS Payload team in the Glasgow office.
The RF Test Engineer will contribute to design, testing and on-orbit validation of SDR based payloads.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Evaluating mission requirements and top-level RF system design
- Preparing link budget and system performance analysis
- Component selection, circuit level design and simulation where needed
- Leading processes for quality control, testing and on-orbit performance validation
- Preparing systems documentation, test and validation plans, manufacturing work instructions and operational procedures
- Managing RF modules through manufacturing and testing
- Testing and fault-finding on RF modules at bench level, environmental level (EMC and thermal vacuum testing) and spacecraft level
- Implementing and executing tests for testing, fault-finding and manufacturing activities
- Supporting software engineering, manufacturing and operations teams
Basic Qualifications / Experience:
- BSc, MSc or Ph.D. degree in Telecommunications, Microwave or RF Electronics Engineering
- 5 years or more of working experience on design and testing of RF systems
- Hands-on simulation, design and manufacturing experience and fault finding during test campaigns
- Experience with laboratory testing with relevant technical equipment
- Proven track record of promoting cooperation and team-work
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and solution-oriented approaches when dealing with challenges
- Flexibility to changing priorities and operational requirements
- Attention to detail, highly-organized with clear communication skills
Preferred Qualifications / Experience:
- State-of-the-art RF analog and digital signal processing techniques and technologies
- Embedded SW development, C, Python, Linux, shell scripting
- FPGA development (Verilog, VHDL)
- SDRs such as Ettus USRP
- Antenna design
Please note that our application process includes a challenge. If you make it to the challenge round, you'll have time to give us your best work on a problem that lets you put your skills on display or showcase your existing portfolio.
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status