Product Manager, Earth Intelligence
Spire is the leading space data company and Earth solutions platform - building, owning and operating the world’s largest multi-purpose constellation of commercial nanosatellites. Spire provides the most advanced tracking of the world’s ships, planes and weather systems with the best-in-class near real-time coverage of the entire globe. Our exclusive predictive data-analytics engine offers a competitive advantage to our customers as they navigate a rapidly digitizing economy. Sitting at the nexus of answers to the world’s toughest challenges, Spire empowers businesses and governments to make critical, time-sensitive decisions about what to do next in a rapidly changing, and digital world.
Spire also leverages its constellation to constantly collect rich and unique data sets about our planet’s surface and its atmospheric layers to provide a complete view of what’s happening on and around Earth. Our predictive models then distill complex environmental data into “Earth Intelligence” solutions customers can use to make business decisions, drive public initiatives, and anticipate future climate fluctuations. Those solutions already include data products on earth’s soil moisture, sea ice or on the state of space weather.
We are looking for an experienced, entrepreneurial, and hands-on Product Manager to join our Earth Intelligence team.
In this position, you will become the specialist in your markets, and work closely with the GNSS Science and Software Engineering teams to define, scope, and execute on our product innovations.
You will be responsible for understanding customer and business needs, while driving our product roadmap for your market to ensure the success of our Earth Intelligence solutions.
You will collaborate with the business development, sales engineering, and program management teams to deliver customer-driven products that consistently exceed expectations.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Develop and maintain a clear vision and roadmap for the product you own, and define the overall strategy for our Earth Intelligence products and services
- Become an internal specialist in the industry you are responsible for, develop and maintain a strong understanding of our customer base and our core business value to ensure we continuously deliver more value to our customers
- Translate product strategy into detailed product requirements, validated by prototypes, customer feedback and research
- Work with our engineering team(s) to rapidly iterate on new product concepts to mature requirements prior to commercialization
- Be a visionary on data services and data tools to help customers easily manage and ingest data
- Collaborate with Marketing and Business Development teams to execute against go-to-market campaigns and deliver customer engagement plans
- Contribute to the elaboration of commercial propositions to external stakeholders (commercial or public institutions) targeting the development of our Earth Intelligence products and services
- Master’s Degree science-oriented education or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience in product management, technical product management, or related roles, ideally in the Space sector.
- Remote sensing background or experience working with satellite products will be a major plus
- Proven experience in driving product development under a strong customer-focused mindset
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to distill customer insights into clear requirements and strategy plans
- Strong analytical skills, with proven experience of making data-driven decisions that lead to positive results
- Business and technical understanding, able to communicate technical issues in terms of business risk and vice versa.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to communicate and present arguments and recommendations via the written word
- Strong knowledge of data and/or API product development
- Experience in startups and/or data companies
- MBA Preferred
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. Our employees represent over 32 countries, across 6 different continents.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.