Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
- Perform full-cycle US payroll on a semi-monthly basis to include various audits to ensure accurate payments every cycle • Review, analyze and reconcile payroll data prior to submitting payroll run and confirm payroll reports are validated and saved in company shared drive.
- Perform off-cycle payments for terminations by preparing and administering final checks per state regulatory guidelines.
- Perform off-cycle payrolls as needed.
- Assist with internal/external payroll audits and compliance reporting including, but not limited to, 401(k) and workers compensation.
- Provide customer service by responding to payroll inquiries from employees, management and internal business partners in a timely manner.
- Set up new states for payroll as needed.
- Partner with the GL team on making enhancements to Tallie and NetSuite for better financial reporting.
- Review and process employee expense reports and ensure compliance with Company's expense policy.
Assist in month-end close related to the timing and accuracy of all expense reporting and monthly reconciliations of the credit card.
- Respond to tax agency inquires and work with payroll vendor to resolve.
- Support system implementations and process improvement and acts as key member of the team on any system upgrades, configuration changes, and conversions including integrations when necessary.
- Support quarter and year-end payroll processing/reporting/accounting.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years processing payroll • Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly in Excel (i.e., pivot tables, vlookups, etc.) and capable of handling large volumes of data
- Experience using payroll solutions (NetSuite experience a plus)
- Experience with complex payroll related issues including tax withholding, federal, state and local statutory requirements
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information; curiosity, tenacity and attention to detail and process • Excellent written and verbal communication, customer service and resolution skills • Ability to build positive relationships with peers at all levels within the organization, including external partners • Ability to balance multiple projects at once in a fast-paced work environment • Ability to maintain a flexible schedule as request from team lead may come during irregular hours
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.