Corporate Counsel, Securities
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
We are looking for a collaborative superstar to drive corporate securities and governance across our global offices. As Corporate Counsel, Securities, you will be a critical part of making this happen. You will have the opportunity to work alongside an all-star team of engineers who design and build our technology and our world-class sales team who deliver Spire products to government and commercial customers around the world. You will have to understand the entire business, from radio occultation to reseller rights. But most importantly, you’ll have the chance to build a wealth of expertise in an industry that is heading up and to the right.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Lead on behalf of Legal in the drafting and reviewing of all periodic reports including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, proxy statements, and other SEC related forms and filings including Forms 3, 4 and 5.
- Support stockholder relations, including stock issuance, transfers. Partner with Investor Relations on the annual stockholder meeting, annual reports, earnings and press releases, scripts and investor decks for use in earnings calls.
- Advise on all corporate disclosure matters and compliance with relevant securities laws, NYSE listing standards, SEC reporting and compliance rules and regulations.
- Work with Finance, Accounting, Tax, and Compliance on banking and investment matters, intercompany agreements, tax planning, and support financing transactions.
- Collaborate with Accounting and Compliance on internal controls, enterprise risk management.
- Work with the GC and Legal Team on Board governance matters, including recordkeeping, resolutions, consents, minutes, and other materials. Assist in monitoring compliance with Board and Committee policies and charter documents.
- Advise on corporate structuring, including formation and maintenance of domestic and international subsidiaries and restructuring of corporate entities.
- Manage D&O questionnaire process, Section 16 filings, and administration of 10b5-1 plans.
- Participate in the design and development of corporate programs, policies, training, and audits required for public company compliance.
- Support the GC and Legal Team in the management and execution of M&A and strategic corporate partnerships.
- Effectively manage external corporate securities counsel.
- Support the GC and Legal Team and collaborate with cross-functional partners on other special corporate projects.
- Take on new challenges as you and the business grow.
- Be constantly curious.
- JD and membership in at least one state bar.
- 5+ years of corporate securities experience, with at least three years of law firm experience.
- Representation of public companies on periodic securities filings, governance issues and Board support.
- Excellent collaboration skills.
- Ability to ruthlessly prioritize and keep cool under pressure.
- Member of California or New York bar.
- Thorough understanding of Delaware corporate practice.
- Experience with de-SPAC EGCs, young public company governance.
- Experience with global businesses with expanding international presence.
- Proven track record of working fluidly across a diverse and geographically distributed team.
- Excellent independent judgement and execution.
- Ability to assess both legal risks and business impact of decisions.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- In-house experience or secondment at a growth-stage technology company.
- Growth mindset and eagerness to expand your existing realm of expertise.
- Passion for the space industry.
- Sense of humor.
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.