Director of Financial Reporting & SOX
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
As part of strengthening its global Finance and Accounting team, Spire is seeking a Director, Financial Reporting & SOX who is passionate about adding value to the organization through strong and relentless focus on timely and accurate quarterly and annual financial accounting and reporting, process improvement and automation that will continue to enhance Spire’s scalability and success as a publicly held company. This is an exciting opportunity for a proven accounting professional who possesses a keen attention to detail, sees the “bigger picture” on a global scale, enjoys challenges, can juggle multiple priorities, focuses on continuous improvement and thrives at going above and beyond. This role will require proven public company U.S. GAAP accounting and reporting experience, practical problem-solving skills, and a good balance between strategic thinking and a willingness to roll up sleeves and dive into the detail.
The Director, Financial Reporting & SOX role will be responsible to manage the process and complete all SEC required financial filings, including 10Q’s and 10K’s, manage the preparation, documentation and testing of SOX and coordinate efforts with external auditors to provide associated memos / white papers.
This role reports to the Chief Accounting Officer.
Responsibilities of your role:
- The delivery of timely, complete, and accurate financial information that are prepared in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, including primary responsibility of 10-Q and 10-K, 8-K, proxy statement and other financial and governmental statutory reporting as required.
- Prepare financial statements, footnote disclosures, and management discussion and analysis (MD&A) in support of the Company's SEC reporting requirements, including tie out backup materials.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly financial presentations for senior leadership and audit committee.
- Review applicability of new accounting standards or disclosure requirements, provide technical guidance for implementation as required, and complete the quarterly SEC disclosure checklists.
- Coordinate with Investor Relations on the preparation and tie out of the press release, management prepared remarks and conference call materials.
- Partner with process owners and third-party consulting firm to implement company-wide SOX program including process documentation and identification and evaluation of the effectiveness of key internal controls.
- Work with process owners on the ongoing design and testing of internal controls along with assisting with training process owners with SOX compliance program activities.
- Work with process owners and third party consulting firm to drive remediation efforts for any identified deficiencies.
- Serve as liaison with external auditors and SOX compliance firm in support of an effective and efficient audit process and implement actions to remediate control deficiencies.
- Manage and coordinate the relationship with key external professional advisors – specifically external auditors and tax advisors.
- Collaborate with the Regional Controllers and Chief Accounting Officer to develop and maintain financial accounting Policies and standards.
- 7+ years’ experience in Accounting or related field.
- Qualified Accountant (CPA and/or CIA)
- SEC reporting and SOX 404 compliance background required working with a U.S. public company and SOX 404 implementation experience a plus.
- 7+ years of relevant experience including progressive experience with multinational (ideally US) public companies
- 3+ years of SOX compliance work in a big 4 firm, large global public company, or a combination of both.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP, COSO, PCAOB Auditing Standards, Sarbanes-Oxley, risk and controls standards, and business process best practices.
- Extensive and proven experience of evolving and developing processes, controls and systems in support of U.S.-listed company requirements.
- Experience managing project work with tight deadlines and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to build effective partnerships across the organization.
- Collaborative and can be flexible in his/her approach.
- Have strong communication (both written and verbal) skills, excellent interpersonal skills, professional gravitas, and presentation skills that foster and build strong relationships with a wide range of different business partners and stakeholders. Ability to explain complex accounting and finance principles to non-finance colleagues.
- Operates at the highest level of professionalism and personal integrity.
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.