Remote Sensing Analyst 2
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
As a Remote Sensing Analyst, you will work across the various disciplines of satellite remote sensing and data analysis, retrieval algorithm and product development, and measurement calibration and validation. You will work with the world’s premier nanosatellite Earth observations team to develop products from our unique payloads.
You will develop remote sensing algorithms for agricultural applications and interact with customers to identify their needs. You will contribute to the design and development of value-added products useful for soil management, crop monitoring, increasing the quality and production of yields, scheduling irrigation, harvesting, etc.
You will have the responsibility to ensure that we deliver high-quality, low-latency Earth remote sensing products and the freedom to pursue novel, high-impact applications. And instead of your ideas and efforts sitting on a shelf or hidden in an academic journal, you will see and experience them actually working in space within months of joining Spire.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Develops and programs integrated software algorithms to structure, analyze and leverage remote sensing data in product and systems applications.
- Develops and communicates descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive insights/algorithms.
- In theoretical development environments and specific product design, implementation, and improvement environments, uses current programming language and technologies to translate algorithms and technical specifications into production code.
- Can work with large-scale cloud computing frameworks, data analysis systems, and modeling environments.
- Completes programming and implements efficiencies, performs testing and debugging.
- Authors documentation and procedures for internal and external customers.
- MSc or Ph.D. degree in STEM or associated qualification.
- Demonstrated experience programming for geoscience applications, models, data assimilations systems, or remote sensing data analysis.
- Demonstrated proficiency in high-level scientific programming: Python (prefered) or Matlab.
- Quantitative background in Statistics, Computer Science, Math or other technical fields.
- Demonstrated geoscience data analysis experience, preferably satellite-based Earth observations.
- Demonstrated experience working with satellite remote sensing data sets for agricultural applications.
- Demonstrated experience coding for geoscience production environments.
- Application of machine learning techniques to geoscience data.
- Knowledge and research experience in satellite remote sensing.
- Understanding of research and techniques in processing geoscience data.
- Experience developing scalable systems in an industry or research environment.
- Strong Linux and open-source background.
- Experience deploying in cloud-based environments, e.g., AWS.
- Experience writing technical reports and proposals.
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.