Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation and weather tracking int the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth
As part of strengthening its global Finance and Accounting team, Spire is seeking a Senior Accountant - US who is passionate about adding value to the organization through strong focus on timely and accurate financial accounting and reporting, process improvement and automation and be a participant in our road/ journey to “IPO Readiness”. A core principle of the Finance and Accounting team at Spire is to be a business partner to all teams and internal stakeholders and we look to solve business problems with good systems and strong processes. We move fast and we are looking for you to be an integral member of our domestic US Accounting team and to work effectively with Finance and Accounting colleagues elsewhere in the worldwide group to help further develop our sound financial future.
This role will report directly to our soon to be appointed Director, Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting who will also be based out of our San Francisco office.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who has a solid foundation in financial accounting and who has a keen attention to detail, sees the “bigger picture”, is excited about having a wider impact throughout the group (not just solely in the US), enjoys challenges, can juggle multiple priorities, focuses on continuous improvement and thrives at going above and beyond. If you are proactive, highly motivated, a stickler for accuracy, and enjoy collaborating as part of a dynamic team then this is the role for you.
Responsibilities of your role:
- The delivery of timely, complete and accurate financial information (on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis) that can be relied on to help drive ongoing financial decisions is, of course, crucial.
- You will participate fully in the US and global financial statement close process and optimize all financial and accounting procedures. This will include exposure to, and involvement in, inter-company transactions and currency translation.
- Day-to-day involvement and participation as a key member of the US Accounting team.
- Manage complex accounting treatments such as debt and equity arrangements.
- Handling reporting and data entry of company equity and stock-based compensation through Carta online portal covering employees of all 4 group entities.
- Manage and update multi-location US payroll data on a bi-weekly basis.
- Collaborate with cross-functional business leaders to develop, document and implement scalable accounting processes ensuring SOX compliant controls.
- Fully support and help drive initiatives to improve processes, create innovation, and help resolve cross-functional issues as part of global Finance and Accounting team.
- Support development and maintenance and adherence to accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
- 4+ years of experience in a Financial Accounting role
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
- CPA and public accounting experience
- ERP/ Systems – experience of systems implementations and optimization.
- Experience working with US GAAP, SEC Reporting and SOX compliance.
- Experience in accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close.
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of general ledger accounting, inter-company transactions, and currency translation.
- Past/ current US (multi-site/ multi-state) payroll experience.
- Big 4 background.
- Pre or Post-IPO experience.
- A good working understanding of the use and implementation of software tools.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Experience with NetSuite ERP.
- Being ridiculously organized and quick to hit the ground running — you are attentive to the minute details of processes and have a knack for seeing problems before they show up — and are willing and ready to dive in wherever needed.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, excellent interpersonal skills that help foster and build strong relationships with a wide range of different business partners and stakeholders.
- A determination to produce quality work product to tight reporting time frames.
- Operates at the highest level of professionalism and personal integrity.
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. Our employees represent over 32 countries, across 6 different continents.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.