Customer Support Engineer
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
Customer Support Engineers (CSE) are part of the Spire Maritime data operations team and perform a critical function as part of the customer success orientated approach to customers. CSEs provide client facing customer support services as a post-sales service.
Client feedback is that maritime client support makes a significant difference to the quality of service provided by Spire. It is critical to have CSEs supporting clients from onboarding, support and training and regular customer reviews. CSEs work closely with the Sales team and Sales Engineers in all regions EMEA, APAC and USA. This role is part of the global Data Operations Team and will work closely with the Sales managers in the Americas as well other global CSEs, Technical Support Leads and the product team.
As a Customer Support Engineer (CSE), you will be the primary product support contact in the America region on behalf of Spire's maritime products. Successful candidate will have a good balance of experience with SaaS applications, APIs, data processing and providing onboarding and support to customers.
- Onboard our customers. Support them by responding to their questions and replicating their issues. Empower them to get answers quickly by maintaining and adding content to our knowledge base and developer portal.
- Customer training and onboarding tools
- Survey and analyze our global maritime data to help sales and product teams reach out to potential customers.
- Identify and own critical product issues that impact customers and work with data operations to resolve them.
- Raise desired feature requests from customers for future development.
- Respond to client communications within team KPI
- Respond to client support tickets and resolve within team KPI
- 3+ years of experience in a customer-facing technical support role
- 1+ years using REST APIs programmatically, testing and pulling data
- 2+ years replicating and resolving customer technical issues
- 1+ year writing scripts in Bash or similar scripting
- 1+ year writing programs in Python, including exchanging data from APIs
- Data analysis and reporting experience required
- 1+ year with SQL query of databases, using multiple joins, groups and aggregations
- Experience writing knowledge base articles or technical documentation
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or similar field
- Experience with AIS data and maritime tracking systems or similar field
- Commercial experience of maritime domain is a plus
- Experience managing CRM or Support platforms (Jira, Salesforce, Intercom, ZenDesk, etc.)
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform and/or Amazon Web Services
- Experience with GRAPHQL
- Familiarity with Big Data analytics platforms (Redshift, BigQuery, etc.)
- Experience defining and publishing product metrics for company dashboards
- Visualizing data via common data visualization/business intelligence tools (Tableau, Qlikview, etc.)
- GIS visualization of high-volume locational data.
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.