Sales Operations Manager - Federal
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
At Spire, you’ll have the chance to work with unique solutions that only a few companies in the world can provide. Our growing satellite and ground station network powers a range of impactful applications including weather forecasting and realtime global ship monitoring and aircraft tracking. Spire gives you the opportunity to work on exciting technical challenges as part of a team of collaborative engineers who are changing the world with data from nanosatellites.
Responsibilities of your role:
- You will work directly for Spire’s VP and General Manager of US Federal and be responsible for the processes, tools, and technologies that support the Sales and Marketing teams.
- Provide accurate, real-time visibility of team performance
- Provide accurate forecasting support to the sales teams
- Assist marketing teams in determining customer outreach methods
- Monitor and assist with customer retention
- Maintain the CRM and other sales tools
Qualifications / Experience:
- You must have a minimum of 7+ years of experience in a sales operations role for a Federally focused business unit.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent financial acumen and ability to partner with finance team on forecasting, CRM systems, deal flow, sales compensation, quota administration and resource planning.
- Experience with best practice sales enablement strategies.
- Strong familiarity with office software tools - i.e. Google docs/sheets etc.
- You have experience in government contracting and an understanding of government acquisition mechanisms.
- You have excellent presentation skills.
- You have an ability to drive initiatives from start to finish, working both alone and within teams.
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Demonstrated ability to work alone and in groups
- Team player with long-term company growth in mind
- Good listening skills – internally and externally
- Highly ethical business practices
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.