Technical Sales Engineer
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
As a Maritime Sales Engineer, you will be the primary product expert and technical contact to customers on behalf of Spire's maritime products. Successful candidate will have a good balance of experience with SaaS applications, APIs, and providing solutions to customers.
- Be involved with qualified leads right since the beginning of customer-sales relationship and act as a subject matter expert for Maritime Products
- Support customer’s data experience journey with product expertise. Execute product demos.
- Review customer requirements and produce customized data services for the best fit solution.
- Survey and analyze our global maritime data to help sales and product teams reach out to potential customers.
- Help Marketing and Sales team with pre-sales materials
- Raise desired feature requests from customers for future development.
- 3+ years of experience in a customer-facing engineering or pre-sales role
- 1+ years using GraphQL APIs or REST APIs programmatically, testing and pulling data
- 1+ year writing scripts in Bash or similar scripting
- 1+ year writing programs in Python, including exchanging data from APIs
- Data analysis and reporting
- 1+ year SQL query of databases, using multiple joins, groups and aggregations
- Experience writing knowledge base articles or technical documentation
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or similar field
- Experience with AIS data and maritime tracking systems or similar field
- Commercial experience of maritime domain
- Experience managing CRM or Support platforms (Jira, HubSpot etc.)
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform and/or Amazon Web Services
- Experience with GRAPHQL
- Familiarity with Big Data analytics platforms (BigQuery, etc.)
- Experience defining and publishing product metrics for company dashboards
- Visualizing data via data visualization/business intelligence tools (Google Data Studio etc.)
- GIS visualization of high-volume locational data (Kepler etc.)
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.
Salary Range: $85,000-$110,000