VP Federal Sales
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
At Spire, you’ll have the chance to work with unique solutions that only a few companies in the world can provide. Our growing satellite and ground station network powers a range of impactful applications including weather forecasting and realtime global ship monitoring and aircraft tracking. Spire gives you the opportunity to work on exciting technical challenges as part of a team of collaborative engineers who are changing the world with data from nanosatellites. We promise you this: you’ll never be bored at Spire.
Responsibilities of your role:
- You will work directly for Spire’s VP and General Manager of US Federal and will be responsible for developing and executing a strategic plan and building/maintaining customer relationships that are essential for growing the federal business.
- Develop strategic and operating plans to substantially grow the federal business
- Define, institutionalize, and track the business metrics and key performance indicators essential to building a predictable, profitable, and sustainable high growth federal business
- Develop budgets and forecasts to accurately report and communicate results
- Recruit, mentor and lead a team of top federal sales and BD professionals
- Identify new opportunities and significantly grow the pipeline and lead capture of new customers
- Implement scalable processes and infrastructure to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction
Qualifications / Experience:
- You must have a minimum of 10+ years of experience as an executive sales leader for a US Federal focused business unit.
- Have managed and grown a book of business from $50m to $100m
- You have experience in government contracting and an understanding of government acquisition mechanisms
- You have excellent presentation
- You have an ability to drive initiatives from start to finish, working both alone and within teams
- 7-10+ years building and managing federal/public sector sales and business development organizations and implementing multi-channel sales models that includes selling directly to the federal government and thought SI’s as well as strategic partners
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Demonstrated ability to work alone and in groups
- Team player with long-term company growth in mind
- Good listening skills – internally and externally
- Highly ethical business practices
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.