Space Services Customer Success Engineer
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
At Spire, we operate one of the largest constellations of low-earth orbit satellites. We are growing our team and looking for someone passionate about customer service to be a technical bridge between our internal technical teams and the customer.
As a Space Services Customer Success Engineer, you will be responsible for providing technical support to Space Services customers during the operations phase of a program or mission. You will provide support for customers and Spire program managers through your insight into the technical details of Spire's satellites, customer payloads, and spacecraft & payload operations systems. As this is a customer-facing role, you will directly interface with representatives with customer teams and will be responsible for documenting and communicating essential information as well as leading discussions or initiatives to drive desired outcomes and conclusions.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Develop working knowledge of Spire satellite platforms, operations systems, and customer payloads - including customer APIs and software service interfaces.
- Use knowledge of satellite, payload, and operations systems to assist customers in addressing and resolving customer operations needs, escalating to and working with Spire technical teams and subject matter experts as required
- Proactively communicate to program managers when events (e.g. outages or anomalies) impact the customer mission; escalate to program stakeholders if issues cannot be resolved or require extensive resources to address
- Provide detailed technical information (system logs, operational parameters, environment observations, etc) for customer-impacting events.
- Take ownership of customer issue resolutions until the customer impact is eliminated or until it is determined that the issue cannot or will not be resolved.
- Develop and maintain customer-facing documentation required to support programs or missions.
- Monitor general on-orbit performance of customer satellite(s) and payloads
- Proficiency with scripting in a software language such as Python
- Strong data analysis skills (statistics, hypothesis testing, data visualization)
- Experience providing technical support and troubleshooting complex issues
- Experience with Github and/or software configuration management systems
- Strong English language verbal and written communications
- Experience supporting customers in the use of APIs or other software-based service interfaces
- Experience writing issue-tickets and discrepancy reports
- Experience in process automation, from design to software development
- Proficiency with Linux
- Experience with spacecraft operations or space environments
- Knowledge of satellite bus system operations such as Electrical Power Systems (EPS), Attitude Determination and Control Systems (ADCS) or Communications Systems
- Experience in systems engineering, covering design, implementation, verification, and operation phases
- Experience of developing spacecraft payload / bus components
- Experience working in cross-disciplinary teams or program management
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, yet in a collaborative environment
- Calm demeanor while working to resolve customer issues and communicating details thereof
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.