Sales Manager Maritime Weather
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
This role sells Spire maritime weather data products and services.
This product includes the maritime weather variables of all Spire Weather products. Spire Weather includes forecast, hindcast, and current observation data for maritime markets.
Spire is in the initial phase of commercialising maritime weather and this role will be instrumental in developing a go-to-market-plan worked out together with the Product Manager for Maritime Weather and Chief Commercial Officer for Spire Weather.
The role will be target / commission based and sales driven and at the same time it will be crucial in developing the business by providing feedback to product management and product marketing and create increased internal awareness on Spire Maritime weather.
Client conversations could range from a Fortune 500 or smaller company product manager, to a start-up CEO or a data scientist.
Our organisation is fast growing and the sales team is building a predictable and repeatable sales process administered in Hubspot CRM. Sales managers must have an eye for detail. A natural interest with ongoing product improvement roll-outs and data industry trends is helpful.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Work closely with a sales development rep to build pipeline
- Full-cycle sales from prospecting to closing commercial agreements with customers.
- Support the customers throughout their buying journey with Spire
- Territory will be global (subject to change in the future)
- Collaborate with the sales engineering team regarding existing and new clients to identify and resolve client concerns; establish and maintain current and potential client relationships.
- Collaborate with Lead Generation resources to further grow the customer base through prospecting and in some cases cold calling potential customers, improving a repeatable sales process to drive to closure.
- Develop the business by advising market and product developments internally.
- Represent Spire externally for weather related products.
- Reach and support team quarterly KPIs activity
- Manage accurate and complete information in Hubspot CRM.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of complete line of products/services and customers business issues and needs.; as well as Market and Competitive trends.
- Communicate product and service opportunities, information or feedback gathered through client activity to appropriate internal resources, including relevant business issues and industry information for utilization in development of market specific action plans and sales strategy.
- Participate in marketing events, trade shows and Company events.
- Approximately 20 % travel
Qualifications / Experience:
- 8+ years of Sales Development experience, introducing and selling data services.
- Maritime Weather experience highly preferred but not required.
- Quota Sales experience selling data services.
- Good communicator / outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Identify use cases and value propositions across a broad range of verticals.
- Excellent business acumen, communication skills and presence.
- Ability to work cross-culturally/cross-functionally.
- You bring the level of enthusiastic spirit, reliability and creativity, commitment, time, patience, and humour it takes to work with a fast-growing organization.
- Fluent in at least 2 languages is a benefit
- University degree
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.