Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
Spire’s proprietary data and algorithms provide advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. Spire also enables its partners to leverage its space infrastructure to design, test and deploy new space applications for various purposes such as earth observation or IoT.
Spire’s Strategy & Planning team defines, develops, and monitors the implementation of new approaches to support its multi-pronged growth strategy, from the expansion of its market segments to the acquisition of new software or data analysis capabilities.
Part of Spire’s growth strategy is to seek out strategic transactions that support the other three pillars of the company’s growth strategy: 1) investing in sales, marketing and product; 2) expanding our geographic footprint; and 3) adding new data sets and enhancing our capabilities for additional customer use cases.
Spire is looking for a talented Strategy Associate to perform fact-based analysis to inform, validate and articulate key corporate strategies to senior leaders in Spire.
The Strategy Associate will apply its business acumen to evaluate markets and companies, assess quantitative and qualitative trends across strategic market segments - including business, customer, technology, financial and competitive aspects - and synthesize findings into strategic recommendations, aligned with Spire’s long term development strategy.
The Strategy Associate role at Spire provides the opportunity to engage with high impact, global issues that intersect corporate strategy, revenue generation and business planning. It requires a mindset that can provide structure to a problem, be analytical in the approach to collecting data, and be comfortable with an industry that is often opaque and inchoate.
This role is by nature transverse, sitting at the intersection of strategy and corporate development across product lines and company divisions, offering a 360° perspective on the company’s different activities. Concretely, you will be tasked with a variety of highly time-sensitive assignments, from evaluating a specific market or business, to designing and monitoring organization projects, to preparing presentations to industry and political leaders.
Versatility will be the key parameter in ensuring that you are able to keep track of many simultaneously unfolding assignments, across multiple industries, with different stakeholders. You will have to constantly interact with various subject matter experts, from corporate leaders to product managers, and will be instrumental to capture and surface the best insights from data to make disruptive business decisions.
A level of technical understanding of the tasks in your portfolio will be important to ensure you can perform your responsibilities efficiently.
The role will report directly into Spire’s Strategy & Planning team and will interact closely with senior executives in Luxembourg, San Francisco, Boulder and Glasgow, and will collaborate with others in Washington, DC and Singapore.
The position offers the best potential for an individual that demonstrates their ability to execute, desire to continue developing new skills, and judgment in taking on increasingly autonomous responsibility.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Drive partnership and acquisition opportunities analysis: evaluate markets, products, technologies, financial information, customer databases, etc.
- Design and implement strategy and planning processes, e.g., strategic reviews, definition of target operating models, post transaction integration
- Coordinate teams for the strategy and planning execution (PMO)
- Draft and deliver documents/presentations (financial analysis, business plans, proposals, etc.)
- Collect internal information from relevant stakeholders and subject matter experts (business unit leaders, product managers, market insights, engineers, scientists, etc.)
- Present business information to internal and external stakeholders
- Evangelize and communicate persuasively concepts, frameworks and recommendations that are impossible to ignore.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in management consulting (MBB or equivalent) or finance (M&A or transaction services):
- Performing detailed strategic due diligence assignments, and potential operational due diligences
- Organizing and overseeing longer project delivery (up to 6 months projects)
- Handling multiple projects at once, ensuring adequate prioritization and smooth execution
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills (e.g., ability to develop business cases and business plans, to assess market or investment opportunities)
- Impeccable business writing skills and ability to adjust tone depending on context, demonstrated through the development of various documents (e.g., business analysis, corporate presentations, communication materials, etc.)
- Advanced modeling skills
- Mindset and ability to work/communicate in a fast-paced environment with high level of ambiguity
- Sensitivity and judgment in working effectively with colleagues/ clients/ partners by understanding different work and communication styles
- Working collaboratively across teams and cultures to a global capacity
- Experience in a high growth startup environment
- Experience in the space or data analytics sectors
- Top graduate from Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in Business Administration
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.