Sr HR Business Partner
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
Spire is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) who is passionate about adding value to the organization by helping to drive Spire’s strategic initiatives in complex environments as the business continues to scale globally, reporting directly to our Chief Financial Officer while we are hiring a Chief People Officer. The HRBP is a hands-on role for an individual who has both the business acumen and expertise to advise strategically while rolling up their sleeves to get the job done.
The HRBP partners with group leaders and managers on people management, coaching and training, employee relations, process improvement, employee onboarding and offboarding, succession planning, learning and development, HR and employment law, diversity and inclusion, and culture development with a view to drive engagement and success.
This role requires a high degree of tactical execution of the HR process and ensures HR data integrity on behalf of the organizations it supports.
Responsibilities of your role:
- You will be the first point of contact for Spire Luxembourg, providing broad generalist support in areas such as business improvement and change, culture and engagement, driving HR operational excellence, learning and development, and employee relations.
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of legal and compliance requirements related to day-to-day management of employees.
- Able to work collaboratively with colleagues from different cultures in different time zones.
- Coaching, counseling and guiding site management on the execution of performance coaching, management, feedback, and follow-up.
- Assist line managers to address underperformance, develop employees to grow into new roles, and have difficult conversations.
- Facilitate internal career mobility discussions with employees and managers.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders and related to payroll and employee benefits.
- Championing Diversity & Inclusion efforts and providing support for initiatives aimed at fostering and enriching an inclusive employee experience.
- Actively contribute to HR projects as defined by the People Team.
- Accurately maintain employee records in personnel files, HRIS, ATS, and Learning and development tools.
- 7+ years’ experience as HRBP in multi-national technical corporation
- BS or BA in Human Resources, Business, Communications, Industrial Relations or similar
- Strong relationship & coaching skills; strong communicator
- Analytical, intellectual capacity to learn very quickly
- Experience of supporting organizational transformation, capability building and working with ambiguity
- Experience in an HRBP/Senior HR Adviser role
- Fluent in English as well as French and/or German Language Skills (preferred not essential)
- Good understanding of Luxembourgish employment law, policies & systems
- Knowledge and experience of HR best practices
- Commercial awareness and a solid understanding of how HR adds value to the business
- Proficient in the use of HRIS systems, preferably BambooHR or other enterprise application
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills and solutions focused
- Adaptable approach and execution orientated
- High tolerance for dealing with ambiguity and on-going change
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact with team members at all levels.
- Conflict resolution skills with the ability to negotiate and reach agreement through understanding opposing views, discussion and compromise.
- Enterprise minded and action oriented
- Potential occasional travel between offices in support of business units
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.