Product Manager - Aviation
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
We are looking for an experienced, entrepreneurial, and hands-on Product Manager to join our Aviation team. In this position, you will become the specialist in your markets, and work closely with the Software Engineering teams to define, scope, and execute on our product innovations. You will be responsible for understanding customer and business needs, while driving our product roadmap for your market to ensure the success of our Aviation solutions.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Develop and maintain a clear vision and roadmap for the product you own, and define the overall strategy for our Aviation products and services
- Be incredibly truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction, whether in the form of competitive intel, user behavior, or other business metrics. Solicit and welcome critical feedback.
- Become an internal specialist in the industry you are responsible for, develop and maintain a strong understanding of our customer base and our core business value to ensure we continuously deliver more value to our customers
- Translate product strategy into detailed product requirements, validated by prototypes, customer feedback and research
- Work with our engineering team(s) to rapidly iterate on new product concepts to mature requirements prior to commercialization
- Be a visionary on data services and data tools to help customers easily manage and ingest data
- Collaborate with Marketing and Business Development teams to execute against go-to-market campaigns and deliver customer engagement plans
- 3+ years experience in product management, technical product management, or related roles, ideally in the data or SAAS sectors.
- Proficiency with data products
- Masterful execution; ability to independently drive the roadmap for a team of data scientists and engineers across geographies.
- Proven experience in driving product development under a strong customer-focused mindset
- Experience and passion for the aviation industry.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to distill customer insights into clear requirements and strategy plans
- Strong analytical skills, with proven experience of making data-driven decisions that lead to positive results
- Strong business judgment; ability to understand the implications of data about various aspects of the business
- Strong writing skills and the ability to communicate and present arguments and recommendations via the written word
- Strong knowledge of data and/or API product development
- Experience in startups and/or data companies
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.