Inside Sales Representative - Federal
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
Spire’s Federal team is seeking a talented, self-directed Inside Sales Representative to drive the adoption of Spire’s data and satellite solutions. You will have the opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of our adoption at multiple Federal agencies and local/state governments. In this role, you will create the first impression for our prospective customers through business development activities and follow-ups on inquiries from our marketing initiatives. You should have an interest in or are considering sales as a career path, and ideally, a maritime, aviation, or weather forecasting educational background (a recent graduate with no prior work experience is welcome to apply). You will actively drive inside sales calls and deliver pipeline and closed business to our Account Managers.
Responsibilities of your role
- Communicating with customers, making outbound calls to potential customers, and following up on inbound leads.
- Combining your educational background to an understanding of a customers' potential needs and identifying qualified sales opportunities or potential upcoming RFP/RFQ opportunities for us to bid on.
- Answering potential customers' questions and sending additional information per email or webchat.
- Willing to work in a structured, metric based role whereby expected to make over 30 calls a day and create new business opportunities leading to monthly closed transactions
- Proactive reach out to target customers via Linked In / email/phone / other channels
- Keeping up with our products and updates.
- Maintaining our CRM
- Researching and qualifying new leads, including dial-downs for upcoming events and product announcements.
- Closing sales and helping to achieve sales targets.
- BA or BS degree in any Maritime, Aviation, Weather Forecasting field or equivalent work experience
- Interest in sales and the new space industry
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
- Effective oral and written communication skills
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.