Software Engineer, Cloud Services
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
Who we are and what we’re looking for
If you are looking for a breadth of interesting problems to collaborate and solve across a large organization, then consider Spire Global's first tiger team. We are establishing a new team that can paradrop into any of Spire Global's software engineering teams to collaborate on shared problems. Over time, Spire Global's software engineering has grown from a scrappy garage band to a worldwide organization contributing to many fields of science. Challenges can range between cloud systems, bare metal, large distributed compute, and distributed storage issues.
Our ideal candidate will have considerable soft skills as well as strong technical abilities. The team’s mission goes beyond just building software. Socializing solutions, encouraging adoption and supporting our internal customer team will all be essential. Confident individuals with a cool temperament would fit in well, especially if they can empathize with our developers when challenges arise.
The scope will be as follows:
- Architectural leadership and mentorship in regards to operability and engineering velocity
- Develop internal services and processes to improve efficiency the software development lifecycle across the wider engineering organization
- Adapt to changing environments to better support and enable other engineering teams
Cultural traits we’re looking for:
- Can articulate your ideas well in both spoken and written form
- Promotes open and effective collaboration between people and teams
- Balancing tactical and strategic decisions for overall mission success
- Understand the value of reducing procedural and technical complexity
- Feel strongly about technological and operational performance
- Values accurate measurements over opinions
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Operational experience with any cloud provider and their managed services such as AWS, GCP, OCI or Digital Ocean a plus.
- Experience with Terraform at scale and multicloud configurations
- Working knowledge of configuration management
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- Experience with continuous delivery tooling and methodologies
- Experience with writing high quality code in any programming language
- Ability to debug complex problems across multiple systems
- Can lead technical architecture discussions and help drive design decisions across engineering disciplines
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.