Spacecraft Electronics Engineer
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
As an Electronics Engineer, you will be designing and integrating custom components for our next-generation satellite platform.
This includes the design of PCBAs; the selection, evaluation, and integration of various off-the-shelf components and custom sensors, radios, and power systems; making last-minute fixes; working with third-party fabricators and assemblers; and interfacing with the software and mechanical teams. You may be involved at any stage of development including proof of concept to new product introduction.
- Electrical Design of Spacecraft electronics including requirement gathering and detailed design
- Schematic capture and PCB Layout using Altium Designer
- Power supply and power monitoring circuit design
- Signal and Power integrity simulation and analysis
- Peer review of schematics and layouts
- Board bring-up, verification and debugging
What you bring:
- Electronics theory, including component knowledge and analogue and digital circuitry expertise
- Board design including schematic capture, PCB layout using any enterprise software (Altium preferred) with focus on Design for manufacturing (DFM) principles.
- Knowledge of High-speed digital layout design practices (matched impedance, stack up and manufacturing restrictions).
- Experience with digital communication interfaces (I2C, SPI, CAN, UART, USB, LVDS, Ethernet)
- Experience with lab equipment including oscilloscopes, logic analysers, multimeters, etc
- Strong Debugging experience and fault identification
What makes you stand out:
- Experience with FPGA, SI tools like Hyperlynx or equivalent
- Experienced in High power electronic design and thermal management
- Experience with rigid-flex PCB design
- RF theory/circuitry (Power amps, filters, layout etc)
- EMC testing
- Space experience
Please note that our application process includes a challenge. Our motto is 'show me the data,' so if you make it to the challenge round, you'll have time to give us your best work on a problem that lets you put your skills on display or showcase your existing portfolio
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills, and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.