Software Developer, Space Program
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
Spire’s constellation pipeline team is responsible for the development and maintenance of our disruption tolerant network stack (for both space to ground links and inter-satellite links), satellite tasking service and ground station software containers.
As a software engineer on the Constellation Pipeline team, you’ll help in the development of our data pipeline to ensure our customers get more data down from their payloads and at lower latencies. You’ll also develop code to orchestrate satellite events such as satellite pointing, data collection and space to ground data transfer.
On the constellation pipeline team you will work closely with the Space Services APIs team, the satellite platform team, and the optimizer team.
You will be part of a nimble and autonomous team, yet have access to resources of the rest of Spire’s 150+ person engineering organization including SREs, security engineers, and infrastructure tooling.
Technologies we use:
- Kubernetes (AWS EKS)
- At least 3 years of experience as a software engineer
- Developing and deploying distributed applications on AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice To Have or Interest In
The list below includes things that we would love to see in a candidate:
- Experience writing Python
- Experience writing C++
- Experience developing software for resource constrained environments like embedded ARM devices
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP protocols and/or CCSDS networking protocols.
- Experience with Kubernetes, CI/CD pipelines, and debugging operational application issues.
- Experience building and maintaining data pipelines
- Strong relational and non-relational database skills.
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.