Senior Marketing Manager, Space Services
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
About Space Services
Spire has created a resilient, configurable, in-orbit-reprogrammable satellite, which is used to deliver data to critical applications including operational weather forecasting models of NOAA, ECWMF and EUMETSAT, and climate research and development activities at NASA.
Through Space Services, we are proud to enable other innovators, organizations and governments to rapidly deploy their constellations using our satellite platform, global ground station network, and automated operations system. Using this proven infrastructure, our customers deploy new applications to space quickly, without worrying about integrating systems from multiple providers, performing operations manually, or multi-satellite coordination.
As the Senior Marketing Manager, you will lead a tight-knit team of marketers responsible for the messaging, packaging, and promoting Space Services to the global market. You will work closely with our product, sales, and engineering teams to bring new products and services to market, and you will cement Spire’s brand and leadership position in the rapidly growing space services category.
The ideal candidate is a pragmatic, creative, and strategic leader with a strong vision for how to achieve operational excellence within the Marketing function. They consistently demonstrate the ability to set a vision, prioritize, and execute through ambiguity.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Direct the development of product marketing strategy by working within a cross-functional team (engineering, product development, marketing, sales). Participate in reviewing and approving the short and long-range operating objectives and plans to achieve maximum revenue growth in support of the business unit strategy.
- Ensure appropriate product positioning and the appropriate product portfolio mix. Develop recommendations and business cases for new product concepts and existing product modifications in line with the overall market area strategy.
- Drive the implementation of the marketing strategy; manage the day-to-day operations of the marketing team, maintaining agility, velocity, and on-time execution of marketing initiatives.
- Maintain a high and accurate knowledge level of the product offering, business processes, and service elements, in addition to the competitive landscape, to maintain the optimal marketing mix and strategy.
- Identify timely and appropriate business plans to support the strategic goals of the marketing function.
- Work with the cross-functional team to ensure the success and adoption of our products as they go to market by making data-driven decisions to move products forward and hit company goals.
- Train and support sales and customer support teams on new tools and products.
- Bachelor/Master’s degree or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of product marketing and/or go-to-market strategy experience.
- Ability to effectively work with a cross-functional team through a high degree of movement and change.
- Ability to effectively work with a cross-functional team through rapid growth.
- Self-starter excels in self-directing, solution seeker, seeks new opportunities, does things without being told, requires minimum supervision. Is consistently accurate, delivers high-quality work, and on time. Looks for lasting results and long-term solutions.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and employ these skills to interact with a variety of internal and external stakeholders at a senior level.
- Understands how go-to-market strategy impacts product development and vice versa, and can translate product marketing strategy into brand awareness, leads, and customers.
- Comfortable working from limited information, asking new questions, seeking new answers to old questions. Continuously seeks to improve and standardize processes, systems, has and demonstrates a strong bias towards building go-to-market strategies that work, iterate and scale.
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.