Machine Learning Engineer
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
Spire Global is seeking a Machine Learning Engineer to support its development of machine learning products in areas such as weather, space, maritime, and aviation. This role involves participation in all phases of the ML software development lifecycle, including requirements gathering and analysis, data selection, methodological exploration, technical design, software construction, and quality assurance.
Responsibilities of your role:
The candidate will work with the team to develop advanced machine learning (ML) based technologies for multiple Spire core businesses. As a Machine Learning Engineer you will work alongside other teams such as devops software engineers and product development groups to develop models and run them in an operational production environment.
- Participate in the agile development process, including scheduling and estimation of machine learning software project tasks.
- Develop and maintain ML software packages (developing, testing, and verification).
- Working with meteorological data sets from various sources.
- Presenting research findings at scientific conferences or workshops.
- PhD or MS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Atmospheric Science or equivalent.
- Working experience with state-of-the-art machine learning models, in particular deep learning, CNN, LSTM, probabilistic models, etc.
- Working experience with bringing data science pipelines into production.
- 2+ years experience working with GNU/Linux.
- 2+ years experience working with Python, including packaging/deployment (Conda, PyP, Anaconda), experience and exposure to the scientific Python stack (NumPy, Pandas), and advanced machine learning libraries (Tensorflow, Pytorch, SciPy and Scikit-Learn).
- Prior experience working with modern software engineering best practices: revision-control systems, testing & code quality tools, and continuous integration.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with numerical weather prediction, weather applications, and/or data formats common in the weather domain (BUFR, GRIB, NetCDF).
- Experience with AIS data and maritime tracking systems, or similar.
- Experience with satellite remote sensing data (SAR, multi/hyperspectral imagery, etc.)
- Experience with distributed parallel programming systems, frameworks, libraries such as DASK, Spark, Hadoop, etc.
- Experience working on HPC systems.
- Experience with compiled languages (i.e. C++).
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, etc.).
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.
Mid Salary: $135,000