Maritime Sales Manager, West Coast
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
Spire’s Maritime team is seeking a hungry and driven Sales Manager to build a commercial (i.e. non-government) client portfolio across Oceania (Australia, New Zealand and Pacific Islands). Reporting to the Regional Sales Director for APAC, this is a “first boots on the ground” Sales Hunter role with the responsibility to establish and grow Spire Maritime’s business in the region.
Our organization is fast growing, and the sales team is building a predictable and repeatable sales process administered in HubSpot. Sales managers must have an eye for detail. A natural interest with ongoing product improvement rollouts and data industry trends is helpful.
- Conduct outbound prospecting activities – cold calls, emails, social strategies, etc. to build and maintain a robust pipeline of new logos
- Collaborate with Marketing, Lead Generation & SDRs to growth the customer base
- Drive prospects down the sales funnel efficiently, paying attention to healthy conversion metrics
- Relentlessly drive deals to closure
- Collaborate with the sales engineering team to identify and resolve client concerns; establish and maintain good client relationships
- Maintain a customer-centric approach and support the customers throughout their buying journey with Spire
- Ensure the CRM is always kept up-to-date
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the complete line of products/services and customers business issues and needs as well as Market and Competitive trends
- Communicate product and service opportunities, information or feedback gathered through client activity to appropriate internal resources, including relevant business issues and industry information for utilization in development of market specific action plans and sales strategy
- Participate in marketing events, trade shows and Company events.
- Approximately 20% travel may be required
- 5+ years of quota Sales experience selling Data services/SaaS products
- Experience in Data/SaaS and/or Maritime products
- Experience working cross-culturally/cross-functionally
- Excellent business acumen, communication skills and presence
- Capacity and experience working independently
Preferred Qualifications (Nice to have:)
- Good communicator / outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Ability to identify use cases and value propositions across a broad range of verticals.
- You bring the level of enthusiastic spirit, reliability and creativity, commitment, time, patience, and humor it takes to work with a fast-growing organization.
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills, and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.
Colorado Salary range: $115-130K