Account Receivable Specialist
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative and results-oriented individual to join Spire as an Accounts Receivable and Revenue Analyst, reporting to the Revenue Manager. This individual will be an integral member of the accounting team and will be a significant contributor to the full cycle of accounts receivable, revenue recognition review, and month-end close and reporting process. Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, able to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization and have the prior work experience to immediately contribute to the accounting close processes as well as invoicing and collections processes.
This role is based out of our San Francisco, CA office (hybrid arrangement possible).
- Daily order management and processing of customer invoices.
- Credit and collections and respond to customer inquiries or concerns
- Posting of accounts receivable payments
- Partner with the sales organization to ensure accurate information is provided in the customer order form and agreement
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual close process including account reconciliations and account review
- Assist with revenue recognition under ASC 606
- Assist and interface with internal and external auditors
- Process documentation in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- 5+ years of experience in General Accounting or full-cycle Accounts Receivable function and performing the monthly close for the Accounts Receivable and Revenue functions
- Must have US GAAP accounting experience
- Extensive experience working in ERP systems (NetSuite is desired)
- Strong MS Office skills with strength in Excel
- Experience working with Google Suite is a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience working in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities seamlessly and handle projects with short deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills, and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.