Customer Support Engineer
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
As a Customer Support Engineer (CSE), you will offer support for the EMEA and APAC region on behalf of Spire's maritime products. Successful candidates will have a good balance of experience with SaaS applications, APIs, data processing and providing onboarding and support to customers.
- Onboard our customers. Support them by responding to their questions and replicating their issues. Empower them to get answers quickly by maintaining and adding content to our knowledge base and developer portal.
- Customer training and onboarding tools
- Survey and analyze our global maritime data to help sales and product teams reach out to potential customers.
- Identify and own critical product issues that impact customers and work with data services to resolve them.
- Raise desired feature requests from customers for future development.
- Respond to client communications within team KPI
- Respond to client support tickets and resolve within team KPI
- 3+ years of experience in a customer-facing technical support role
- 1+ years using REST APIs programmatically, testing and pulling data
- 2+ years replicating and resolving customer technical issues
- 1 year+ writing scripts in Bash or similar scripting.
- 1 year + writing programs in Python, including exchanging data from APIs.
- Data analysis and reporting
- 1 year+ SQL query of databases, using multiple joins, groups and aggregations.
- Experience writing knowledge base articles or technical documentation
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or another science.
- Experience with AIS data and maritime tracking systems or similar.
- Commercial experience of maritime domain
- Experience managing CRM or Support platforms (Jira, SalesForce, Intercom, ZenDesk, etc.)
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform and/or Amazon Web Services
- Experience with GRAPHQL
- Familiarity with Big Data analytics platforms (Redshift, BigQuery, etc.)
- Experience defining and publishing product metrics for company dashboards
- Visualizing data via common data visualization/business intelligence tools (Tableau, Qlikview, etc.)
- GIS visualisation of high volume locational data.
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.