Sales Development Representative, Aviation
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
We are looking for a Sales Development Representative (SDR), who will develop the sales funnel of our Spire Aviation data products. This role will play a critical role in expanding our presence in the market, finding niche verticals to target, identifying prospects, converting prospects into sales opportunities, and closing deals based on deal size to help grow new business revenue.
The SDR is a hunter who can partner with the product, marketing, and sales teams to execute outbound and inbound lead generation campaigns and move leads into sales opportunities. Most of the customer communication will be done by phone, email or video and could range from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies with decision makers being product managers, data scientists, or even founding CEO’s.
You will be measured by your ability to contact and connect with potential customers, find qualified leads, and ultimately, to build your own book of business. Additionally, you will work closely with the Aviation Sales Team and collaborate with others, to create a predictable, repeatable, data-driven sales process managed through our HubSpot CRM.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Collaborate with others to proactively grow the customer base by creatively utilizing an array of strategic prospecting and outbound channels
- Work with product marketing to create target buyer personas and develop call lists to drive outbound prospecting
- Conduct exploratory conversations with potential customers on discovery meetings and qualify leads through calls, emails and social media
- Explain the Spire Aviation product suite and educate prospects and potential customers on the Spire Aviation value proposition
- Identify prospect needs, suggest appropriate solutions and provide detailed feedback to the sales, marketing, and product teams through reporting and HubSpot platform
- Swiftly follow-up on qualified inbound inquiries, working with the product marketing team to refine and optimize our lead nurturing process
- Communicate product and service opportunities, information or pertinent feedback garnered through prospecting conversations to appropriate internal resources
- Stay up to date with industry trends, product releases and development, competitive dynamics and new offerings
- Self-starter who brings the level of enthusiastic spirit, reliability, creativity, commitment, patience, and humor it takes to work within a fast-growing, and quickly evolving, organization.
- Able to work flexible hours to cover multiple time zones
- B2B DaaS or Aviation industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree not required, but a plus
- Good communicator / outstanding oral and written communication skills and the ability to articulate complex products, solutions, and processes.
- A hunter mentality with solid sales development DNA and demonstrated success utilizing a well-defined, repeatable framework
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.