Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
Would you like to be part of the team that builds spacecraft?
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced individual for the position of Buyer to join our purchasing team reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the successful candidate will be part of a small team of Buyers and will be expected to administer and manage all aspects of purchasing. As part of the Satellite Platform team, you will help us define and execute the processes required to obtain the materials needed to build spacecraft within the purpose-built facility in Glasgow.
Essential for success is a proactive, “can do” attitude. The successful candidate will have an unwavering attention to detail. An unbending focus on quality is critical. We need enthusiastic team players with a passion for the industry.
- Running MRP/ERP summary reports on a weekly basis and raising purchase orders; management of purchase requisitions, quotations, etc.
- Highlighting and actioning any shortages / potential shortages as and when they occur.
- Managing delivery schedule & order book of components for production, engineering and NPI Projects to acquire inventory in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Calculating and distributing demand forecasts to the supply base.
- Compilation of supplier performance reports; management of supplier base including negotiating favourable pricing arrangements, lead-time reductions, financial liability.
- Ensuring suppliers adhere & perform to SLA conditions / terms.
- Interacting closely with suppliers and QA to resolve quality issues.
- Coordinating with engineering departments on New Product Introductions, ensuring supply base and Operations requirements are met.
- Responsibility for procurement business system data input and integrity.
- Participating in maximizing the procurement teams' changes, part parameters, quote table maintenance, supplier database information, error report analysis, and part number/supplier code information.
- Performing cost analysis and volume planning for major commodities (e.g. materials, components, equipment and services).
- Delivering on Key Performance Measures, incl. supplier OTD, inventory targets and SOX Compliance.
- Take ownership and manage Key Local Suppliers.
- CIPS level 4 or equivalent qualification
- 5+ years of proven experience in a similar role.
- Previous experience in Purchasing / Logistics in an MRP environment.
- Proficient user of MS Office/Google packages.
- Oracle Netsuite experience is a distinct advantage.
- Domestic or global expertise of assigned commodities.
- Solution driven approach to daily operational issues.
- Solid administrative skills with the ability to deliver against tight deadlines
- Able to work on your own initiative and self-motivated with a positive approach.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and confidence to communicate at all levels within a culturally diverse workforce.
- Negotiation and supply chain relationship management skills.
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.