Proposal and Bid Manager - US Federal Team
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
The Customer sits at the top of Spire’s technology stack and drives the priorities and focus across our organization. Spire Global is looking for a Proposal Manager to prepare proposals for the US Federal Government territory under our VP of Sales. In this position, you will work with various departments throughout our company, from marketing, engineering, and legal to draft and prepare Government proposal responses. You are responsible for drafting, editing, and proofreading the proposal to ensure it is in compliance with all government regulations. Our preferred candidate has a bachelor’s degree in a business field and several years of proposal writing and management experience.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Work directly for Spire’s VP of US Federal to prepare and deliver RFXs and or whitepaper responses.
- Maintain and manage the tools to find and prioritize RFIs, RFPs, and other government bids or requests.
- Coordinate internal resources in the preparation of the responses.
- Improve the quality and consistency of our proposal and associated documentation content – Influence PWIN
- Reduce the burden of proposal generation across the Federal team
- Ensure 100% compliance in technical, financial, management, and legal volumes as applicable
- Build a technical library of information for reuse and be able to readily identify their locations and sources
- Foster a positive, collaborative, and dynamic working environment across all departments – objectively measure and improve PWIN
- Manage and recommend Government contract vehicles
- 5 – 7 years of Proposal management experience managing US Federal Proposals
- Experience in managing complex proposals to successful completion
- Ability to work out of DC office in Tysons Corner 1-3 days a week
- Proven working experience in proposal management
- Excellent internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Google product suite.
- Bachelor's Degree in the appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Live in the DC-Maryland-Virginia region, or can frequently travel if necessary
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.